Study Medicine in Mauritius,
MBBS in Mauritius is very popular among Indian students. Mauritius is an emerging destination for quality Medical Studies (MBBS) in Indian Ocean. Mauritius is a second home for India students because the culture, language, food and lifestyle is almost like India. One doesn't feel away from home in Mauritius.
MBBS colleges in Mauritius
SSR Medical College
The SSR Medical College, operating for the last 19 years, is the first medical college of Mauritius. The College is situated almost in the middle of Mauritius near the central town of Curepipe about 15 km from the airport and same distance from the Capital city of Port Louis. The College is affiliated to the University of Mauritius, which is the degree awarding body.
|Year||Tuition Fees||Hostel & Food||Total|
Development Charges: $ 6000
Registration Charges: $6000
Total Package:@INR-44 Lac
Anna Medical College and Research Centre, Mauritius
Anna Medical College offers MBBS program with clinical postings at Flacq teaching Hospital in Mauritius. The infrastructure has been set up with the modern facilities for quality health education and health delivery. Our past and vast experiences have done us proud in setting up yet another global venture.
The college attracts an international student presence. The experienced, dedicated and full time faculty is drawn from the cream of talent available in India and Mauritius. The vision of the institution is to achieve excellence in education and healthcare and global standards in human development.
AMC functions on a beautiful and spacious campus housing the Pre-clinical and Para-clinical departments at Montagne Blanche, and Clinical facilities at Flacq. The teaching hospital at Flacq is a multi-specialty infrastructure for Clinical training. AMC house state of the art classrooms with smart boards for classroom teaching, modern laboratories with individual microscopes and other facilities for each student, Administrative Section with space for Dean Office and allied departments, Library with more than 7000 medical books, large reading hall, e-library and modern multimedia centers, Canteen and Mess facility and a huge green area with car parking and seating for students.
The teaching hospital, Flacq Hospital is situated in the East of Mauritius at Centre de Flacq in the district of Flacq. It provides services for the Health Region 3 for a population of 170,000 inhabitants covering essentially the district of Flacq through 24 Community Health Centers, 4 Area Health Centers and a medi-clinic.
AMC is also a cultural hub of activity as students from many different countries converge to take advantage of the exceptional faculty, holistic curriculum and innovative teaching methods. AMC draw students mainly from India, Maldives, Malaysia, Singapore, Middle East, Kenya, Nigeria, Benin, Namibia, Egypt, Australia, New Zealand, United States, Canada, United Kingdom and South Africa and various SADC Countries thereby providing the student community a rich multi- cultural exposure.
|Year||Tuition Fees INR||Hostel & Food||Total|
Registration Fees: Rs 400000
Package @INR-42 Lac
Package includes full tuition fees, hostel and food
College has introduced many payment options for Indian students making the course more affordable.
MBBS in Mauritius
- Medical Council of India (MCI) guided syllabus
- Infrastructure accredited by TEC, UTM
- Established teaching hospital, clinical training at FLACQ, a distinctive hospital of Government of Mauritius
- Indian faculty with decades of teaching experience
- Small batches to enable better teaching and learning
- Hindi and English Speaking region
- Indian culture and pollution free climate
- No Donation. Year wise payment of tuition fee and hostel expenses
- Very high quality of medical education
- Very Economical in comparison to India
Medicine studies MBBS in Mauritius is listed with by following international agencies:
- W.H.O: World Health Organization
- FAIMER: Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research
- SAQA: South African Qualification Authority
- M.C.I: Medical Council INDIA
- T.E.C: Tertiary Education Commission, Mauritius
- IMED: International Medical Education Directory
- ECFMG: Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates
- GAME: Global Alliance for Medical Education
- USMLE: United States Medical Licensing Examination
- LMCC: Licentiate of the Medical College of Canada
The duration of the MBBS course is 5years divided into 10 semesters of 6 months.
MBBS: 5 Years + Internship: 10 Semesters of 6 months each.
Phase I (I to III Semesters)
Phase II (IV to VI Semesters)
Phase III (VII to X Semesters)
Eligibility for Indian Students:
CBSE/ICSE/State Board Students: Aggregate 60% marks at class 12 in Physics, Chemistry, Biology and/or English.